Colorado Springs, nestled against the backdrop of the Rocky Mountains, offers a pictorial setting for homeowners to enjoy outdoor living. We all are aware of the regions, diverse weather conditions, marked by extreme temperature variations and the possibility of snow, demand careful consideration when choosing materials for new deck building in Colorado Springs.
O’Leary & Sons is here to give you best decking materials that withstand Colorado’s unique climate. There are so many types of decking materials available in the market, but not all are suitable for every climate. Like, teak deck can increase the value of your home, and at the same time make it more comfortable to live in, on the other hand, other materials might require regular maintenance or even damage by changes in climate or temperature. Therefore, choosing the suitable decking material for specific need and climate is very important and play vital role.
Here are some factors to keep in mind when selecting the material for your deck:
1. Aesthetics of Decking Material:
Irrespective of the decking material you opt for, it’s essential to give due consideration to its visual appeal. A superior decking material not only elevates your home’s aesthetics but also adds value, all while fulfilling your specific needs and preferences. In essence, it should harmonize with the overall visual character of your residence. Moreover, it’s imperative to bear in mind that, although concrete, wooden, and vinyl decks are often touted as low-maintenance, they may not boast the same longevity as top-tier composites featuring an aluminum oxide finish or hardwood materials treated for enhanced durability
2. Consider The Weight of the Material:
Before choosing a decking material, one must also consider the weight of the material. Few materials, such as wood, are heavier thanothers, and might require additional framing to support its weight. On the other hand, some materials are much heavier than others. So, choosing manageable material for you and your family is very important. If you are worried about the amount of weight of your deck with support, must contact us for the help for choosing suitable material for your needs.
3. Choosing a Deck Material That Fits Your Climate:
Always choose your deck material according to the climate where you live. Choosing the suitable decking
material is very important for two reasons. Firstly, if you’re planning for living in an area where there is high humidity then it is advisable to choose a decking material that can withstand in that climate. Secondly, material is not affected by temperature fluctuations, there are some materials that might expand or contract depending on whether they are in contact with.
4. How Much Maintenance is Required:
One more important thing is to consider when choosing decking material for your deck is its maintenance requirements. Few materials like wood, require a regular check and maintenance to look their best. It might include staining every few years or applying a sealant every few months. On the other hand, stainless steel railing system requires cleaning and polishing on regular basis, glass balusters offer low maintenance glass surfaces reduce your cleaning time.
In the vibrant Colorado Springs market, there’s a plethora of options of decking material to consider, each with its unique features and advantages. Find some of the top decking materials available in Colorado Springs below, helping you make an informed decision for your next outdoor project.
Top Decking Materials In Colorado Springs
- Cedar: Cedar is a popular choice for decking in Colorado Springs due to its natural beauty and durability. This provides resistance against decay, insects, and harsh weather. It also exhibits stability, making them well-suited for the temperature fluctuations experienced in Colorado.
- Redwood: It stands out for its vibrant, natural hues and remarkable resistance to
decay. Similar to cedar, redwood contains natural oils that act as a deterrent against
insects and weather damage. The dimensional stability of redwood further enhances its
allure, making it a compelling choice for individuals in search of a visually stunning
and enduring deck.
Note: Redwood and cedar decks do not last long enough in our humid climate, so we do not recommend them.
- Pressure-Treated Wood: Pressure-treated wood remains a cost-effective option for decking. Treated with protective agents to ward off decay and insects, it offers a robust solution for homeowners who prioritize budget-friendly considerations.
- PVC Decking: PVC (polyvinyl chloride) decking is a synthetic option that boasts exceptional weather resistance. It is resistant to moisture, making it a preferred option for regions experiencing frequent snowfall and rainfall. PVC decks also resist fading and staining, ensuring a long-lasting aesthetic appeal.
- Composite Decking Material: It is made up of wood fibres and plastic resins it gives a natural look and feel. One of the most popular decking materials available in the market because it is long lasting, low maintenance, and affordable. If you’re looking for composite decking material, then there is no need to worry about the costing of installation and maintenance. This type of decking stays for many years because it does not require sealing or staining.
With a range of materials to suit diverse preferences and budgets. Whether you go for the natural beauty of cedar and redwood, the low maintenance of composite decking, the affordability of pressure treated wood, PVC decking we will help you to select the right material by ensuring that your deck stands at the time of test in Colorado’s ever-changing weather.