The exterior of your house is what visitors see first and what neighbors see every day. However your home’s exterior is exposed to constant and different weather conditions and climates. To maintain the beautiful look of your house, it is important that you paint it regularly. A fresh coat of paint will make your house look nicer and last longer. Painting the exterior of your home may feel like a daunting task but you don’t need to worry. If you don’t have time or experience to do this, don’t worry. O’Leary and Sons are Experienced Professional Painters Colorado Springs who take time to ensure quality for your home.
Tips for Considering Exterior Painting of Your House
- Choose the Right Time- Time of year plays an important role while painting house. Therefore understand your local weather patterns. We all know that paint needs time to dry and will not stick to the surfaces that are not dry. That is why; select a day when there is no rain and little humidity.
- Choose the Right Type of Paint- There are mainly two types of paint: water based latex and oil based alkyd. Latex paint has less smell, dries quickly and remains flexible longer time. You can clean this paint with soap and water. On the other hand, alkyd paint requires mineral spirits for cleanup. This paint flows very smoothly. This paint is durable and stain resistant. O’Leary and Sons professionals will help you in choosing the right materials.
- Prepare the Area- Proper preparation of all the surfaces to be painted is absolutely crucial and skipping this step will lead to problems later on. The professionals will prepare the house by using these steps:
- Clear the Area- First of all; remove as many items as you can like mailboxes, furniture, light fixtures etc. Then cover those items which you cannot remove like plants, A/C units etc.
- Wash the Area- Usually a pressure washer is used
- Repair Damaged Surfaces- Walk around entire perimeter of your house and look for any holes, dings or chips.
- Remove Loose Paint- Remove chipped and loose paint using paint scraper.
- Apply Primer- Before starting painting your walls; it is important that you apply primer. Applying the primer will create a smooth surface for paint to adhere to.
- Begin Painting!
O’Leary and Sons Inc. is here for your exterior home needs. Their professionalism ensures quality work. Call today to schedule your new paint job!